Not only are these Christmas Spice protein balls super quick and easy to make (no baking required), but they’re also super delicious too!
They’re ideal for making a big batch to give to people as presents (which is what I made them for) – just remember to make some extra for yourself too!
If you wish to make different flavours and variations it’s also easy to split the batch and add in different flavouring. You can of course substitute different ingredients for those you prefer, such as different sweeteners (though in this case I chose rice malt because it’s sticky texture also helps them to stick together well).
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 120g dark chocolate
- sprinkles to decorate
- Blend the raw cashews and coconut into a powder (it doesn’t need to be super fine)
- Mix all of the ingredients together, it will be a bit crumbly but should still sticking together when handled
- Mix into a ball and wrap in clingwrap, then pop in the fridge for at least an hour. This will help make it easier to roll into balls!
- Cut the dough into even pieces once it’s out of the fridge (this helps to keep consistent sizes and also means minimal handling) and then roll into balls and sit on some baking paper.
- Then to decorate melt some chocolate (these were originally going to be white chocolate which is super temperamental when melting…this was a fail so luckily I had dark chocolate to use which also ended up being better for the recipe) in a bowl before dipping half of each ball in.
Tip: To avoid balls rolling over once you place them back down (and getting chocolate everywhere), gently press each ball onto the paper to make a slightly flatten bottom. Then make sure you dip the top part in the chocolate.
- Finally, while the chocolate is still melted, decorate with any sprinkles (I used Christmas themed 100’s & 1000’s and little gingerbread men from a decorating pack from Woolworths) and then pop in the fridge to set the chocolate
Makes around 30 balls.
Like this recipe and want to save for later?
Add it your Pinterest board! And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow us too!