Next up for healthy Halloween ideas, I couldn’t go past a pumpkin spice recipe however – this is anything but #basic!
Pumpkin spice isn’t really a huge thing in Australia (especially as it’s actually Spring), so I do get a bit jealous of all the fall trends around Halloween time that they have in the US!
As part of my partnership with ALDI I decided to whip up a healthy version of a pumpkin spice latte. Packed full of real pumpkin, kefir (great for gut health), honey, turmeric, protein and homemade pumpkin spice mix it’s not only a tasty healthIER version – it’s just generally super healthy!
- 200g Probiotic Kefir (or a milk of your choice)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree (I did a homemade version with pureed butternut pumpkin)
- 1 scoop Nutrakey Whey Optima in Vanilla Ice Cream Cookie (plus you can use SOPHIE10 for 10% off)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- dash nutmeg
- dash cloves
- If you’re making your own pumpkin puree like I did boil this first, then puree once cooled
- Then, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, mix and enjoy!
Like this recipe and want to save for later?
Add it your Pinterest board! And while you’re at it, don’t forget to follow us too!